Clinical sales specialist22.4.2022
Are you a solution-oriented laboratory specialist with strong attention to detail and excellent collaboration skills? Do you have experience in working in a clinical diagnostic laboratory?
Blueprint Genetics is one of the fastest growing clinical genetic testing companies for rare inherited diseases globally. To support our rapid growth, our amazing Clinical Lab team is looking for several Clinical Lab Specialists to join our operations in Keilaniemi, Espoo.
We are looking for those who want to make a difference
We are committed to providing clinicians and their patients with comprehensive and high-quality tools and resources for the diagnosis of genetic conditions. Our Clinical Lab team has a pivotal role in making all of this possible. The team consists of nine laboratory and biosciences professionals with strong expertise in DNA sequencing. They ensure that our samples are handled in an efficient and professional manner and they collaborate closely with several teams ranging from customer support to clinical genetics to provide the best diagnostic testing for our patients.
In this role, you will be performing laboratory testing on patient specimens including all steps from sample processing to running analyses, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, and complying with applicable laboratory quality requirements. Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills are essential in this position, as you will be working closely with diverse experts across the organization.
Your daily work will consist of:
- Handling and performing testing on patient samples including DNA extractions, DNA quality control, PCR, Sanger sequencing and Digital PCR
- Preparing sequencing libraries for next-generation sequencing
- Setting up next-generation sequencing runs
- Performing daily maintenance tasks in the laboratory
- Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance
What we expect from you
We are looking for colleagues who are truly motivated in working in a clinical laboratory and are committed to providing high-quality diagnostic testing for our patients. You take pride in having superior attention to detail and you are comfortable with following routines and processes. We hope you are an innovative professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. Furthermore, you are a team player with the ability to work proactively yet independently across teams.
- BSc in Biomedical Laboratory Science (“Bioanalyytikko” or “Laboratorioanalyytikko” in Finnish) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in written and verbal communication skills in English
- Great attention to detail and a systematic approach to work
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to perform well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
- 1-2 years of working experience in a clinical laboratory
The following qualities are considered as advantages:
- Experience in handling patient samples
- Hands-on experience in DNA analysis methods, specifically next-generation sequencing methods
- Experience in working with laboratory automation
Above all, we aspire to find a person who fits the inclusive, low-hierarchy and positive culture of our lab team and Blueprint Genetics!
What we offer
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference – Blueprint Genetics has a clear and motivating purpose to improve the lives of patients and families affected by inherited diseases
- A positive, open, and international work environment with great people from different fields of expertise. We are a team of close to 300 experienced professionals, who collaborate to drive genetic knowledge forward
- Employee benefits such as participation in performance-based bonus payment system, extensive occupational healthcare with Heltti, sports, culture & wellbeing benefit, team events & office parties (once the covid-situation allows)
- Chance to develop your skills further in a positive working environment with state-of-the-art instruments and methods and you’ll be in frontline of our operations playing a key role in ensuring our production process runs smoothly and targets are met.
How to apply
If you are up for the challenge, apply latest on Monday, April 25. We will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.
We are looking for permanent as well as fixed-term employees from May to December, with the possibility of continuation.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to our Laboratory Manager, Janica Djupsjöbacka, email@example.com.