Field Application Specialist – Forensics – Russian speaker17.7.2022
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and join a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $40 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Location: – Remote / Field (Europe)
Division: Genetic Sciences Division – Human Identification (HID)
Discover Impactful Work:
Join us as a Field Applications Specialist (FAS) and assist us in our mission to become the world leader in serving science. This multifaceted position involves providing scientific training, guidance, application support and troubleshooting for our customers in Russian-speaking countries.
A day in the Life:
- Deliver on-site and remote scientific application support & training support to our customers on our HID products.
- Supporting our customers with the implementation of new products, applications or workflows.
- Diagnose & resolve product performance problems and customer queries/complaints by phone, email or onsite.
- Work with sales representatives on sales calls to customer laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Assist the regional sales team in the development of accounts by giving technical seminars and presentations that promote the use of our products.
- Providing pre-sales support activities like product demonstrations, user meetings or seminars.
- Visit and represent our company on scientific or commercial meetings, conferences, trade shows, congresses, etc.
- Establish contacts to key opinion leaders in the field and develop local references.
- Maintain up-to-date technical expertise and in-depth knowledge of our product portfolio and scientific developments in the forensic DNA-identification workflow.
- Become a strong internal Voice of Customer by providing customer feedback on our products to local and European Sales & Marketing.
- Build trust with our customers and excel in customer service.
Keys to Success:
- Degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Extensive technical hands-on experience (5 years minimum) in a forensics lab environment such as data analysis and/or research & development.
- Previous experience in a support / training-related position or hands-on experience with AB / Thermo Fisher Scientific HID technology is appreciated.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High degree of technical competence & confidence.
- Able to connect with and support people optimally with varying levels of technical knowledge and expertise.
- Customer-centricity with the emotional intelligence to understand customer concerns and aware of markets, trends and competitors.
- Good computer (especially MS Office) and/or IT skills and have an interest for groundbreaking innovation and technology.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Fluent Russian and English language skills – oral and written.
- Willingness to travel internationally (mainly Russian-speaking countries / CIS with the exception of Russia and Belarus; and within Europe).
- Valid driver’s license.
We are offering an employment with an innovative, growing organisation with outstanding career and development prospects and an exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity and innovation. The role comes with a competitive salary plan, company pension scheme, bonus plan, company car and further employee benefits.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com