Field Service Specialist, Molecular Diagnostics and Life Science – QIAGEN30.4.2022
About the job
- In your role you are focused on field- and office-based, post-sale technical support to all QIAGEN customers and are responsible for on-site repairs, installations, customer training, education and/or troubleshooting on QIAGEN instrumentation, including consumables and applications in all markets as well as coordinating with other internal departments to optimize protocols or aid in experimental design.
- You develop and maintain highest possible level of technical knowledge of automation / instrumentation as well as related applications and provide second-tier support for Sales and Technical Support by performing trainings such as train the trainer, seminars for internal and external customers
- You actively promote QIAGEN products including Service and Support products and assist in exceeding revenue targets, support demonstrations and evaluations if needed and give active feedback to Sales, Marketing, Global Product Support, Global Training and Management
- You utilize all available tools such as Service Reports, Spare Part & Service Manuals, ISI Notes, and the relevant databases to input information that will increase effectiveness
- You will be required to work with hazardous substances such as acids and solvents and to work in biological laboratories up to BSL3
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or disability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You bring a M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in molecular biology or genomics
- You have an extensive practical/laboratory experience of the most frequently used techniques, or at least 2 years as a technical service or field service specialist within a relevant market sector
- Your are known for your experience with diagnostic equipment technologies and applications; experience with CRM programs and web-based tools to retrieve and analyze data is a plus
- You are a self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple tasks in a result-orientated commercial environment and are fluent in English and Finnish; fluency in another European language is a plus.
- You like to travel (70%) and bring a valid driver´s license and passport