Formulation Scientist or Senior formulation Scientist – Biopharmaceuticals12.11.2021
Nanoform is an innovative drug particle engineering and nanotechnology company listed on the Premier-segment of Nasdaq First North Growth Market in Helsinki and Stockholm. Nanoform works together with pharma and biotech partners globally to reduce attrition in clinical trials and enhance their molecules’ formulation performance through its nanoforming services. Leveraging our in-house developed AI engine Starmap® we can also predict which customer molecules show most promise for our technology. Nanoform’s capabilities include GMP manufacturing, and its services span the small to large molecule development space with a focus on solving key issues in drug solubility and bioavailability and on enabling novel drug delivery applications.
Formulation Scientist or Senior formulation Scientist – Biopharmaceuticals
With a view of developing our organization further, we are now seeking an experienced Formulation Scientist or Senior Formulation Scientist who shares our ambition to develop break-through products for nanoparticles, to join our formulation team in the Pharmaceutical Development unit. The position is fulltime, and it is focused on formulation development for biological compounds (peptides/proteins). The position includes laboratory work. The scientist reports to the Director of Pharmaceutical Development. The location for the job is in our facilities in Helsinki, Finland. The seniority of the applicant will be reviewed during the recruitment process.
You will be responsible for
- Design and develop formulations and processes for drug products for large molecules for R&D purposes as well as for preclinical and clinical trials
- Plan, coordinate and ensure timely execution of realistic protocols and reports for feasibility work and clinical trial materials following current Good Manufacturing Practices and company standards
- Evaluate product testing results and provide next steps for continued development
- Preparation and delivery of reports, SOPs, and technical presentations for both in-house and external parties
- Participate in relevant meetings/teleconferences with clients
- Collaborate within cross-functional teams to ensure products are developed to targeted consumer preferences on time and agreed-upon cost targets
- Manage multiple development projects and develop formulations in a timely manner
- Stays current with recent advances and trends in the drug delivery technology and regulatory policies
- Provide support to R&D and QC
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated skill in developing pharmaceutical formulations for peptides and/or proteins
- Experience with nanoparticles
- Experience with the analytical characterization of large molecule formulations
- Knowledge of protein or nucleic acid chemistry, degradation pathways, and stabilization techniques
- Knowledge/Experience of Good Laboratory Practices
- Knowledge/Experience of regulatory documentation, in particular ICH pharmaceutical guidelines
- Experience with various delivery routes and manufacturing processes
- A high degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken, is a prerequisite
- Experience in the application of QbD concept in design, execution, and interpretation of formulation and process development experiments
- Insight into gastrointestinal physiology
- Familiarity with Intellectual Property (IP).
- Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field with at least three years of relevant industry experience
- Preferable: PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field with relevant industry experience with at least three years of relevant industry experience.
Senior formulation scientist:
- PhD degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or related field with at least five years of relevant industry experience.
Personal qualities we are looking for
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- You are a doer and have an accurate working style
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good team working skills but also capability to work independently
- You can work in a high-pressure environment
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work in an interdisciplinary and evolving environment
- Good presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Handling multiple projects and priorities at the same time in a timely manner
- Be client and patient conscious, considering quality, safety and project.
What we offer to you
- A great team to join with skilled and highly motivated colleagues
- Encouraging and forward-looking team spirit
- Possibility to take responsibility and grow your competencies
- Brand new laboratory facilities with state-of-art equipment
- Chance to be a part of a team that invents world-class solutions for the medical/healthcare industry
- Extensive learning opportunities
- Opportunity to utilize your skills and competencies widely as we continuously create something new
- Competitive compensation package with broad employee benefits selection
- Possibility to be part of a unique fast-growing company in pharma industry.
We like challenges and want everyone to enjoy solving them together!
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Pharmaceutical Development Satu Lakio +358 50 56 16 413 on 19th of Nov, 22nd of Nov or 10th of Dec during office hours (EET) or email@example.com where you can also book suitable call time if needed.
Please send your CV and application to us by 12th of Dec 2021.