Geneticist – Blueprint Genetics, Espoo3.9.2023
About the job
Are you an expert in human genetics and inherited diseases? Do you have the ambition to utilize your experience in genetic interpretation whilst being among the pioneers of the molecular era of medicine? Are you passionate about helping patients? If you answered “yes,” you might be the person we are looking for!
Blueprint Genetics, a Quest Diagnostics company, is on a mission to bring world-class genetic knowledge to mainstream healthcare. We are a team of experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds, who share a passion for helping patients and families affected by inherited disorders. We work with hundreds of clinics around the globe and the quality of our interpretation has been praised by many of the world’s best medical centers.
To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a Geneticist to join our Helsinki Clinical Interpretation Team.
In this Geneticist position, you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced and motivated geneticist team that places great value in high-class clinical interpretation. We have a diverse genetic testing portfolio, including over 220 panels across 14 medical specialties, whole exome sequencing, approximately 3,900 single genes, and targeted variant analysis.
Your daily work will entail analyzing the genetic data with our in-house developed interpretation tool and writing the test results into high-quality written statements. Interpretation of the data requires the use of several databases, genetic tools, and understanding of how the clinical history of the patient matches with the findings. In more challenging cases, you are supported by a group of senior staff with experience on various medical specialties and product categories.
Our global and multidisciplinary team of geneticists is a unique group of more than 50 PhD level scientists and Clinical Laboratory Geneticists. Our team members have an average of more than 13 years of previous scientific experience, several years in clinical diagnostics (per person), and altogether approximately 500 peer-reviewed scientific articles published. Thus, you will be supported by a group with extensive experience in the field.
What We Expect From You
We are looking for a person with a patient-first mindset, who is truly motivated to find answers for individuals affected by inherited diseases. You are able to deliver high-quality results independently, and taking responsibility comes naturally to you. At the same time, you are a team player with an eagerness to work towards a common goal. You are enthusiastic about keeping up with the most recent scientific findings and developing your expertise. You work efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced production environment and you adjust effortlessly to evolving situations.
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- PhD in Genetics or Molecular Medicine (or equivalent), or Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics
- Excellent understanding of human genetics, inheritance models and inherited human diseases, and the ability to understand medical terminology and learn clinical aspects of the diseases
- Uncompromised attention to detail. In practice this means that an analytical, critical and systemic approach, as well as ability to follow rules, is needed to maintain coherent variant classifications throughout the team and the high quality of the reports.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English are a necessity
Additional Valued Assets
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases, in addition to experience in NGS methods
- Research or clinical experience in interpreting genetic test results utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods
- Experience in whole exome analysis
- Verbal and written skills in Finnish
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference – Blueprint Genetics has a clear and motivating purpose to improve the lives of patients and families affected by inherited diseases and this commitment is something our Clinical Interpretation team takes great pride in.
- A positive, open, and international work environment with great people from different fields of expertise. We are a team of close to 300 experienced professionals, who collaborate to drive genetic knowledge forward
- Flexible working conditions, remote working opportunities, and employee benefits such as participation in performance-based bonus payment system, extensive occupational healthcare with Heltti, sports, culture & wellbeing benefit and office & team events
How To Apply
If you are interested to hear more, please submit your application and CV at the latest on September 11, 2023. Interviews will be started during the application period and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We hope to hear from you soon!
This position is preferably based out of our office in Espoo, but there is also a possibility to work remotely from other parts of Finland.
If you have any further questions about the position you can turn to our Sr. Genetics Director Tiia Kangas-Kontio by email email@example.com.
Who We Are
Blueprint Genetics is a Quest Diagnostics company. Quest Diagnostics, A Fortune 500 company, is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic information services. www.questdiagnostics.com
We are changing diagnostics by providing accessible and actionable genetic knowledge in all medical specialties. Our mission is to support healthcare professionals around the world in providing the best care for patients and families with rare inherited diseases. We do that by delivering answers using fast, affordable, and comprehensive genetic diagnostics.