Geneticists – Blueprint Genetics, Helsinki FI21.6.2018
The position involves interpretation and reporting of findings from our clinical molecular genetic tests, including panel-based tests, targeted family member tests and others. Our Geneticists also participate in the development and validation of products and applications in a project team environment. Those interested get to collaborate with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists with the development of our proprietary software tools that enable us to interpret identified variants efficiently by utilizing artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Clinical Laboratory Geneticist degree; or
- Board certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics / Laboratory Genetics and Genomics; or
- Ph.D. in Genetics.
Experience And Skills
- Experience in interpreting and reporting genetic test results in a clinical setting utilizing NGS, Sanger sequencing and other methods is an asset, but similar research experience is valued as well.
- Knowledge of current genomic information and variant databases is essential.
- Experience in working under certified and accredited quality management systems is an asset.
- Fluent skills in oral and written English are a necessity.
- Great attention to detail
- Critical thinking when reviewing scientific literature
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Excellent follow-through abilities
- Fitting the immediate, low-hierarchy and positive Blueprint culture
What We Offer
At Blueprint Genetics, you get to be a valued part of our global and multidisciplinary team of people who want to make a difference. You will be working daily to bring your expertise from base pairs to bedside for improved patient outcomes. We offer you a rapidly evolving working environment where you can learn and grow together with a unique company and great colleagues. You get to use everything you have learned in an environment that is unlike anything you have experienced before.
Apply at the latest by 2nd of July
Inquiries about the position can be sent to Clinical Interpretation Team Leader Dr. Eveliina Salminen at eveliina.salminen[at]blueprintgenetics.com