Intern – Scientist, Stockholm (P-3049) – 10x Genomics27.3.2022
About the role:
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our Molecular Biology team as an Intern – Scientist.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the development, optimization, and application of molecular biology techniques for solving complex biological problems, especially in the broad field of immunology and/or tumor biology.
Using your experience, you will ensure that our new products are compatible with relevant biological sample types and designing optimized workflows for product use. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team of biologists and chemists, as well as colleagues in computational biology, software, manufacturing, and marketing from all across the company. Beyond the technical qualifications, you must be highly goal-oriented, inquisitive, organized, independent, collaborative, willing to learn new techniques and concepts and be able to thrive in an atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the development and optimization of sample preparation procedures for spatial genomic and proteomic assays that yield fundamental improvements in data quality
- Planning and execution of experiments, in-depth analysis, and reporting of thorough documentation and presentations
- Plan and perform systematic workflow and reagent optimization by modeling, identification of critical factors and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
- Contribute molecular biology and immunology expertise to cross-disciplinary product development teams to ensure project milestones are met, product performs to specifications
Required skills and background:
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or similar
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong record keeping skills
- Experience with next generation sequencing sequencing library preparation workflows and data interpretation.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex datasets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of immunology and life science research in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Desired skills and background:
- Experience with tissue processing, histology, immunohistochemistry, cryosectioning, immunofluorescence including characterization by surface markers or gene expression
- Familiarity with Flow cytometry, Mass cytometry and/or multi-plexing spatial protein assays
- Experience with fluorescent in situ hybridization techniques (e.g. smFISH)
- Experience in next-generation sequencing and/or in-situ sequencing
- Experience working with antibodies, including mAb QC, conjugation, functional testing
- Experience in interpreting the biological findings from an experiment and understanding what impact they may have
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques
About 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.