Laboratory Operations Associate – 10x Genomics, Stockholm30.10.2021
About the job
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About The Role
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Laboratory Operations team in Stockholm, Sweden. The Lab Ops team maintains the R&D laboratories and supports the R&D scientists at the 10x Genomics Stockholm R&D site.
This position will report to the R&D Laboratory Operations Manager, Stockholm R&D site.
The successful candidate should have great communication skills, be highly organized, be able to work independently, be able to adapt fast to a highly dynamic environment, be able to reorganize priorities, have a problem-solving and supporting approach to everyday challenges, with focus on task completion and keeping a positive attitude.
What You Will Be Doing
- Laboratory goods shipment, receiving, storage and inventory.
- General maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Collaborate with the Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) and Facilities teams to ensure all safety guidelines are followed and the functionality of the lab environments.
- Contribute to the improvement of work processes related to lab operations.
To Be Successful, You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field such as Biology, Chemistry or Biomedicine.
- Good understanding of a laboratory environment and GLPs.
- Basic experience with science related equipment and techniques.
- Knowledge of MS Office, mainly spreadsheets.
- Good oral and written communications skills in English.
- Be able to lift or move weight up to 23 kilos.
- Highly self-motivated with ability to perform well in a team setting.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
We offer a 1 year contract.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.