Laboratory Technician – ThermoFisher scientific14.11.2019
Job ID :
Finland – Vantaa
you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work,
and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation.
As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be
encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24
billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give
our people the resources and opportunities to make significant
contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented laboratory technician for a fixed term position for the period 1.12.2019 – 31.8.2020. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative and international working environment.
What will you do?
research on Real-Time PCR reagents to identify those that have the most
valuable attributes for use in microbiology diagnostics; including but
not restricted to research on:
- polymerase enzymes
- hybridisation and hydrolysis probes and other Real Time PCR chemistries
- other mastermix components
- lysis reagents
- Executing of projects in accordance with agreed plans and schedules
- Working with several different DNA extraction methods and Real Time PCR instruments and related software
- Carries out basic microbiological techniques (sample enrichment, plating, ISO confirmation methods)
- Fulfillment of the responsibilities of the position as defined in the Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and associated Codes of Practice
- Assisted by Senior R&D Scientist and R&D Scientist in planning own work within the boundaries of a project
- Expected to think through issues related to laboratory work
- Communication is normally one to one within team
- Maintains formal laboratory records
- Good knowledge of company systems
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
How will you get here?
- Polytechnic degree (Ammattikorkeakoulu) in a Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Engineering discipline
- 1 year relevant research experience preferred
- Sold knowledge of Real Time PCR and enzyme technology and molecular methods
- Strong knowledge of basic microbiological techniques and methods
- Knowledge of scientific instrumentation and various software applications related to molecular biology; experience on instrumentation or software development strongly preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English and Finnish
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 24.11.2019. Reference: 105596BR.
one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s
not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com