Manufacturing Laboratory Technician / Laborantti – Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy, Vantaa5.12.2020
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments and develops and manufactures clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
Take a look how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://youtu.be/wDm4NLxq3nI
How will you make an impact?
You will work in our Operations organization for microbiology business. Your essential responsibility is to conduct the Quality Control procedures for an instrument and it’s accessories as specified in related manufacturing documentation and specifications. You will also prepare microbiological samples for Quality Control procedures. This is a role with versatile responsibilities and enables you to get familiar with many areas of expertise.
What will you do?
We are looking for a laboratory technician with microbiology background and/or hands-on experience with microbiological samples and ability to learn and adopt new techniques quickly. It is essential, that you are able to work in co-operation and demonstrate flexibility in changing situations. You are able to take action and execute manual process steps in the laboratory. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You want to develop yourself and way of working.
- Performing instrument Quality Control procedures
- Documenting all procedures and possible deviations diligently
- Culturing microbiological samples for Quality Control purposes (e.g. bacterial cultivations on BSL-2 level laboratory)
- Performing the Quality Control procedures of instrument accessories
- Management of laboratory reagents (ordering and book keeping) and responsibility for the operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- Following and improving good microbiological working practices
- Monitoring demand to balance the manufacturing volume
- Recording defects and forwarding them further to be resolved
- Participation in the Handling of Nonconformity, Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) and Continuous Improvement processes
How will you get there?
- Laboratory technician/ B.Sc. level degree or similar in biosciences or biotechnology or related field (e.g. microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry)
- Three years of work experience in microbiological laboratory environment
- Ability to understand and conduct work according to work instructions
- Understanding of quality systems requirements and the demands of regulated working environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish and good spoken and written English
- Proven ability to learn and adopt new techniques quickly
- Proven skills in good co-operation and flexibility in changing situations
- Ability to work independently, accurately and diligently
- PC literacy including MS Office
We value also experience in these areas:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of Electronic Laboratory Notebook
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request (in one document) in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 18.12.2020. Reference: 138394BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Manufacturing Operations Manager Riitta Karvo, email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com