Medical Scientific Liaison / Scientific Advisor Bayer Oy13.6.2018
We are now recruiting a top caliber Medical Scientific Liaison / Scientific Advisor to join the Bayer Finland Medical Affairs team. As a Medical Scientific Liaison you will serve as the primary scientific resource for the medical community by responding to their information needs on Bayer products and therapies. You will facilitate internal and external scientific collaborations with Physicians and other Health Care Professionals and support them with accurate and updated medical information, as well as identify, initiate and implement medical based projects. You will organize and support scientific events including peer to peer communication, scientific exchange meetings and advisory boards. You will act as a strategic partner for the cardiology brand team to share feedback from the market internally, while being fully updated and maintain the highest level of clinical and scientific knowledge within the therapy areas.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- act as a scientific expert between Bayer and the medical community through the dissemination and education of scientific data and material
- plan, prepare and engage with Health Care Professionals as an information scientist both proactively and reactively via various engagement tactics and formats
- provide dissemination, clarification and education of scientific data and professional literature
- establish long-term scientific/strategic relationships with key individuals, major medical associations and academic centers of excellence
- interact with key external medical and pharmacy professionals via one-on-one interaction, small group discussion, symposia lecture presentations and interactions associated with medical education programs
- answer medical / scientific queries of internal and external stakeholders
- attend congresses and conventions, interact with Health Care Professionals, establish new contacts and gather competitive intelligence
- plan and organize scientific training and education events with Health Care Professionals within their specific therapeutic area or product
- submit timely reports and track activities against agreed objectives
- The role is field-based, which means 70-75% travelling time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We expect you to have a medical or scientific background with established relations to the medical community, and preferably a Ph.D. or other strong background in the relevant therapeutic area. You have experience from the industry in a relevant role and knowledge of the clinical development process. You are capable of comprehending large amounts of scientific content which you can communicate in a clear and concise way and have excellent presentation skills. As a person you are a team player, self-driven, independent, resourceful and trustworthy. You have strong statistical skills with ability to extract insights from data. We expect you to enjoy creating new contacts and have good social skills. You are also excellent at communicating, both verbally and in writing. You are fluent in Finnish as well as English orally and written.
Please submit your application with your CV and salary request by June 24 at the latest. Candidates will be reviewed on a continuous basis.