Microbiome scientist, Animal Health – Orion Oyj, Turku17.6.2020
Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3200 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
We are looking for a proactive and solution oriented microbiome scientist to a team responsible for Orion’s Animal Health (AH) R&D Projects.
Description of position
Your role is focused on successful execution of future AH microbiome research and development of microbiome laboratory operations. In addition, you will be responsible for leading the work in the microbiome laboratory. As a microbiome scientist you are working in close collaboration with Orion’s cross-functional teams. You will work in close collaboration with internal networks, regulatory authorities, external service providers and academia. The role includes some travelling in Finland and abroad.
Description of unit
The role of Animal Health Therapy area in Orion’s R&D is to provide innovative products to global markets. We have developed products from new chemical entities from Orion’s own pipeline, human products that are developed for animals or generic animal health products. In the biological segment we have a flagship product for poultry, Broilact. Orion’s nonmedicinal product portfolio consists of several products under the Aptus brand.
We expect you to have:
- B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD in Life Sciences, microbiology, or DVM with microbiology laboratory experience
- Fluent language skills in Finnish and English
- Senior level experience in planning and carrying out experiments in a microbiological laboratory
- Experience and/or skills to lead experimental work and execute tasks in a systematic and results oriented way
We also appreciate:
- Experience in leading a laboratory
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Experience in feed/food additive industry and/or probiotic or other microbiome product development
- Proactive communication of issues, scopes, progress and risks ensuring the team and key stakeholders are informed
- Courage to think outside the box and challenge status quo in a constructive and optimistic way
- Growth mindset and ability to prioritize
- Good IT skills
We offer an opportunity in the research activities of current and future microbiome products which are truly unique by nature. The laboratory where you will be working is new and well-equipped. You’ll be working in a globally operating company with highly skilled experts and interesting internal and external networks.
Additional information on the position
If you feel you are ready to challenge yourself and join us to build well-being, apply now and send application latest on 5th July. For further information please contact Mirja Huhtinen, Development Director, Animal Health tel +358 50 966 7719 (30th June or 1st of July).
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person. Hae työpaikkaa