Open position for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Synthetic Biology at Macquarie University in Sydney13.2.2018
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Synthetic Biology
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated postdoc with exceptional skills in molecular biology to work with our multidisciplinary team on a cutting-edge
project at the intersection of synthetic biology and chemistry; engineering a completely new phage display technology for the rapid identification of drug targets.
• CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) is an Australian government scientific research agency. The CSIRO’s main task is to improve the economic and social performance of industry, for the benefit of the community.
• CSIRO is notable for supporting innovations such as the development of the Relenza flu drug, invention of atomic absorption spectroscopy, and key components of WiFi.
• CSIRO has recently launched its Future Science Platform in Synthetic Biology (SynBio FSP) that aims to attract outstanding national and international early-career post-doctoral researchers to expand Australian research capacity in synthetic biology.
• To support the SynBio FSP CSIRO has put out a call for Synthetic Biology Future Science Fellowship applications to support the research projects of early-career researchers working jointly between Australian Universities and CSIRO.
• To be eligible to apply the candidate must hold a PhD conferred between 1st July 2010 and 1st July 2018
– Allowances will be made for career interruptions such as: carer’s responsibility; disruption due to international relocation for post-doctoral studies or other research employment not exceeding three months per international relocation; illness; maternity or parental leave; unemployment and/or non-research employment not concurrent with research employment
• Applicants may be Australian or international
• CSIRO highly encourages women, people of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and other minority groups to apply.
Application deadline: 5 March 2018
Application and more information at https://research.csiro.au/synthetic-biology-fsp/work-with-us/synbio-fellowships/