Pathologist/Toxicologist, Preclinical Safety -Orion Corporation, Espoo26.11.2022
About the job
We are looking for a veterinary pathologist with a strong scientific mindset!
Description Of Position
Your major responsibilities will include:
- To provide toxicology and pathology expertise and mechanistic understanding in the interpretation of nonclinical findings, and their relevance to humans.
- Histopathological evaluation and peer review of regulatory and exploratory toxicological and efficacy studies, including interpretation of clinical pathology results
- Bring biology understanding and support to project teams in evaluating pathological mechanisms of target modulation
The position is full-time, and you will be based in Turku (preferred) or Espoo, Finland.
Description Of Unit
Preclinical Safety organization is part of DMPK & Safety Sciences at Orion R&D. The organization is responsible for the preclinical safety assessment of novel drug candidates during various stages of the drug discovery and development process. The function designs and executes safety pharmacology and toxicology studies performed either in our own facilities (exploratory safety studies in discovery phase) or in contract research organizations (GLP studies in development phase). Preclinical Safety organization supports research and development projects in both of the Orion’s core therapy areas.
We offer exciting opportunities to create and have an impact to the better future therapies for patients.
We offer you attractive career development opportunities for using your own strengths for development, interesting R&D pipeline and enthusiastic working environment. You will work at the forefront of safety and experimental pathology science, where you will be essential part of the team to build a rich and diverse pipeline which includes small molecules, Ab-based therapies and next generation cellular therapies. Appreciation of personnel and constant development are part of our core values. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
- DVM/MD and/or PhD in veterinary medicine, human medicine, biology or natural sciences
- Engaged personality with enthusiasm in veterinary and toxicological pathology, certification in pathology is desirable
- Expertise in experimental and toxicological pathology is essential
- Expertice in pharmacology/toxicology is essential
- Expertise in clinical pathology and immunology
- Experience in histological methods and digital pathology
- Working experience in safety assessment in discovery & development in pharma industry is desirable
- Understanding of drug development of small and large molecules and comparative safety assessment (animal species vs human) is desirable
- Excellent networking (internal, external) capabilities
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills; ability to cohesively integrate disparate ideas, functions and/or teams
- Fluent in English
If you are interested, please apply by 4.12.2022 at the latest. We may start interviewing candidates before application period closes.
For additional information on the position, please contact Saku Ruohonen (Head of Preclinical Safety), tel. +358 50 966 7692. Preferred contact times are Thursday 24.11. at 9.30-12.00, Monday 28.11. at 13-15 or Wednesday 30.11. at 14-16.
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person. Orion Corporation operates in more than 30 countries, where we Orionees, 3300 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.