Postdoc position at University of California (Molecular Biology, Genetics, Plant Biology or related field)30.1.2019
The labs of Siobhan Brady (Dept. of Plant Biology and Genome Center) and David Segal (Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine, Genome Center) at the University of California, Davis are recruiting a postdoctoral scholar, starting immediately. In this project, funded by the USDA and the BBSRC, the postdoctoral scholar will use synthetic biology to create targeted mutations in promoters of genes involved in regulation of nitrogen metabolism in both Arabidopsis and tomato. In addition, the postdoctoral scholar will engineer readers and writers associated with epigenetic modification of DNA in order to silence gene expression within the context of a metabolic regulatory logic.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, and prevailing salary scale.
Application deadline – February 15, 2019 or until filled.
· PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Plant Biology or related field
· Extensive experience with molecular biology and cloning
· Experience with CRISPR-Cas9
· A strong publication record
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and to work well with others
· Ability to work on an international interdisciplinary team
· Experience with plant transformation
· Experience with programming (R, Python or other)
· Experience with statistical analyses
How To Apply
Cover Letter describing relevant experience and interests, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org