Project coordinator in bioimage analysis – Åbo Akademi, Turku BioImaging team, Turku29.1.2021
Åbo Akademi University invites applications for a fixed-termed position as a project coordinator in bioimage analysis for the period 1.3.2021-28.2.2022 or as agreed. The fixed-termed position is full time.
We are looking for an experienced bioimage analyst to join the Turku BioImaging team. Turku BioImaging (www.bioimaging.fi) is a multi-disciplinary research infrastructure organization, jointly operated by Åbo Akademi University and the University of Turku, focusing on coordinating and organizing bioimaging-related activities and services in biology and medicine. Turku BioImaging manages also Euro-BioImaging Finland (www.eurobioimaging.fi), a European service organization consisting of the highest quality imaging services across Finland, at 6 universities and 3 university hospitals.
Modern bioimaging is the most used research methodology in life sciences, critically needed in nearly all research. Turku BioImaging services are therefore elemental in for instance cancer research, virus research and drug development. Image analysis and bioimage informatics in general are a central and fast growing part of modern bioimaging, and to develop this area of Turku BioImaging, a main task of the person to be hired is to establish Turku BioImaging Data Analysis Team, together with other members of Turku BioImaging. The Data Analysis Team will be a dedicated service for data management, analysis, integration and interpretation, and the team will work integrally within Health Campus Turku (www.healthcampusturku.fi), a multidisciplinary knowledge cluster of medicine, technology, social and health care.
Tags: bioimaging, bioimage informatics, image analysis, data management, machine learning
This task includes (but are not limited to):
- Establish the Turku BioImaging Data Analysis Team activity
- Meet researchers and core facility personnel from different fields and provide data management, analysis and interpretation consultation and service, using local and cloud-based hardware, open source and commercial software tools, and tailor-made algorithms and scripts.
- Collaborate with other Turku BioImaging team members and other partners in for instance data management and related web services
- A suitable masters or doctoral degree, or similar
- Experience in image and data analysis, including machine/deep learning
- A service-oriented person with the ability to take initiative and responsibility, see multidisciplinary connections and work well in a team
- Knowledge of image data management (for instance OMERO server) considered an advantage
- Good communication skills in English and knowledge of Swedish. Foreigners and non-native Finnish citizens can be exempted from the requirement to have knowledge of Swedish.
- Organizational skills are considered an advantage
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A dynamic working environment
- Opportunities to interact with researchers with diverse expertise and participate in interesting biomedical research projects, innovating new solutions to complex data analysis tasks
- Opportunities to take part in conferences, training events and international meetings
- Opportunities to take initiative and develop yourself working in an area with great societal impact
A trial period applies to new employees. The position is located at Åbo Akademi University at Turku Bioscience in Turku, Finland. The working language is English.
The salary is in accordance with the Finnish University salary system for other personnel job demand level 9. In addition, there is a salary component based on personal work performance, according to the general collective agreement for universities.
Submit the electronic application form below, including CV.
Deadline for submission of application is on 15 February 2021 at 15:00 (Finnish time).
Please, feel free to contact Turku BioImaging Research Manager, Dr. Pasi Kankaanpää, (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any questions in relation to the position.