Protein Scientist, AstraZeneca Gothenburg14.12.2020
Are you truly passionate about the magic that happens in the lab? Could you see yourself applying your protein science knowledge in a successful pharmaceutical company? Would you like to join a team of highly skilled scientists where both your professional and personal skills are valued?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us working within a dynamic scientific environment to support drug discovery. The Discovery Biology department within Discovery Sciences is responsible for the generation of novel reagents and assays to support projects in all phases of the drug discovery pipeline. We focus on scientific advances in small molecules, oligonucleotides and other new technologies and drug discovery platforms across our different core areas. This is a consultant assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca’s three strategic science centres. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide variety of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself is designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we’ve built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
You will be responsible for producing and characterizing recombinant proteins which represent disease targets for drug discovery projects in the early discovery. These proteins are utilized in the development of biochemical assays for compound screening, structural & biophysical assays to characterize protein ligand interactions and to develop oligonucleotide drugs. Since this position is lab based, we expect that you have a true real passion for practical duties.
We will rely on you to:
- Deliver expertise in recombinant protein expression purification and characterization
- Work in partnership with colleagues in a cross functional setting to ensure the delivery of high-quality protein reagents to projects
- Contribute with novel ideas and using discernment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process
- Achieve personal as well as company scientific visibility through project contributions, presentations, publications and poster & oral conference presentations
- MSc degree with significant experience from pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or PhD in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or other a related discipline
- Expertise in Protein Science through a demonstrable knowledge of construct design, molecular biology, protein expression, purification, characterization and structure function
- Proven knowledge of a wide range of methods and technologies applied to the expression, purification as well as characterization of recombinant proteins. E.g. bacterial expression, liquid chromatography, SDS-PAGE, mass spectrometry and biophysical techniques
- Excellent analytical skills, good scientific judgement and communication skills
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively in multi-disciplinary and cultural settings
- Experience of biochemical assay development
- Experience of setting up multi-parallel processes for protein purification
For us, it is important that all competence and skills in the labor market are utilized. We welcome all applicants and strive for diversity.
2020-12-17, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
For more information: Galia Nyström Askarieh, firstname.lastname@example.org or Eleonor Ehrman, +46733434109
About the company
Randstad Life Sciences is specialized in competences within Life Science. As a consultant with us, you get a competitive salary, benefits and collective agreements. Your consultant manager is always there for you and ensures that you get varying and developing assignments at different companies, within different industries. At Randstad Life Sciences, your personal development is in focus, and you are offered a large network and many social activities.
Randstad Life Sciences is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!