R&D Laboratory Technician – Thermo Fisher Scientific, Vantaa27.1.2018
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
R&D Laboratory Technician
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a R&D Laboratory Technician to our Microbiology Division (MBD) R&D team. The position is for a fixed term maternity leave cover starting in March 2018 and ending in January 2019.
We are looking for a proactive, self driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative working environment.
- Early-stage research on Real Time PCR reagents to be used in microbiology diagnostics.
- Executing R&D projects in accordance with agreed plans and schedules
- Carrying out basic microbiological techniques (e.g. bacterial cultivations and enumeration) as well as food safety related techniques like sample enrichment and sample preparation methods
- Analyzing, concluding and reporting results to the local R&D team and give project updates
- Management of laboratory reagents (ordering and book keeping) and responsible for the operation and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- Few years relevant research experience, preferably from molecular biology, microbiology etc.
- Knowledge of Real Time PCR and enzyme technology
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing technology is preferred
- Knowledge of scientific instrumentation and various software applications related to molecular biology; experience on instrumentation or software development strongly preferred
- Polytechnic degree in a Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated ability to execute systematic project work
- Ability and willingness to think through issues related to projects
- Time-management and organization skills to handle workload and meet timelines
- Sufficient computer skills and experience in MS Office package
- Good written communication skills in Finnish and English
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 61018BR. Please apply by the 7th of February, 2018.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Senior R&D Scientist, Mikko Kauppinen, tel. +358 44 339 0129 on February 1st, 2018 between 12-14.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.