Research Assistant – Orion Oyj, Turku28.6.2020
Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3200 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
Description of position
We are looking for a Research Assistant to join our Immuno-Oncology team. You will be based in Turku, Finland and report to Head of Immuno-Oncology. This is a two year fixed-term position.
Your main resposibilities will include:
- Culture of both primary and established mammalian cell lines
- Support immunology scientist with in vitro and ex vivo cell based assays
- Process blood samples by adhering to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Analysis of samples employing specific techniques such as flow cytometry, cell sorting, PCR, western blotting and incucyte assays.
- Assist in establishing and improving all procedures and required SOP documentation.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and participate in routine laboratory decontamination
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ordering laboratory consumables and maintain stock levels.
Description of the unit
Oncology Research is accountable for the discovery of novel targets and drug projects related biology research in the therapy area of oncology at Orion. Immuno-Oncology team is one of three research teams in Oncology Research, and our teams build the R&D Oncology portfolio and Oncology strategy in close collaboration with business and all R&D global functions.
We are offering an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic team in a modern laboratory facilities equipped with state-of-art laboratory instrument building up Oncology Research at Orion.
In Orion we have a highly interesting R&D pipeline and enthusiastic working environment with opportunities to use your own strengths to build your competence development. Appreciation of colleagues and continuous development are part of our core values. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
In our team, it is important that you are not afraid to take responsibilities and you enjoy helping others. You are accurate and persistent in your work. Good communication and writing skills in English are needed and you work well with others. We hope you are excited of getting new tasks and developing yourself.
We wish that you have:
- A Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Life Sciences or other related discipline
- 2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working with mammalian cells and performing laboratory based cellular assays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Possess basic IT skills, preferably experience with Microsoft Office, Graph Pad Prism, Diva, and Flowjo
- Flow cytometry experience is an advantage
- Industry experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Please send your application in English by August 2nd 2020 at the latest. For further information, please contact Dr Anil Thotakura, Head of Immuno-oncology, +358509667229 during the following hours: 8th July 9-11am, 15th July 3-5pm or 29th July 3-5pm.
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.