Research Scientist, Cell Biologist Metabolism – Hays, Stockholm, Sweden5.6.2019
Research Scientist – Cell Biologist Metabolism
Hays specialist recruitment is now looking for a candidate to a 12 month assigment as a Research Scientist to our client AstraZeneca in Mölndal. The assigment is to start with a 12 months assigment with good chances to extension and permanent employment.
Hays specialist recruitment is a global recruitment company that has been based in Sweden since 2003. Hays has a world wide network whitin the business areas and is passionated about people and your career. Would you like to read more about Hays visit our website www.Hays.se.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development,
manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services.
AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that
inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to
express diverse perspectives – and are made to feel valued, energized
and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Your will be working within the CVMD iMed Bioscience department, which is a multi-discipline
department working with metabolic, cardiovascular and kidney diseases. The drug hunting activities also spans into many different modalities including small molecules, peptide and nucleotides.
This provides scientists with a unique opportunity for innovation in drug discovery.
You will be part of the metabolism in vitro group in Bioscience and focusing on questions within drug
discovery project in diabetes and NASH areas.
The Cell Biologist Metabolism supports drug discovery
projects with scientific input in the in vitro assay strategy and delivers key in vitro and ex vivo
• Independently apply existing in vitro and ex vivo assays for projects during different phase of
• Independently design and execute in vitro or ex vivo experiments
• Statistical analysis and interpretation of generated data
• Presentation of data at the team and project team level
• Document the work according to AstraZeneca standards, and prepare the preclinical
pharmacology part of regulatory documents as appropriate.
• Work collaboratively with in vivo, DMPK, etc scientists as required to ensure flow-scheme
connectivity and translatability between in vivo and in vitro models
• Work collaboratively within Bioscience and iMed to deliver on project key questions.
• Contribute proactively to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements
and new ideas are adopted and freely shared.
• Ensure compliance with corporate code of conduct guidance and other safety standards.
• Broad expertise in cell biology & biochemistry
• Experienced in establishing/performing cell-based assays.
• Cell culture, ELISA, western blot, and qPCR experience is a must
• Experience with primary cell culture, measurements of cellular respiration, and knowledge of
adipose and liver cell biology is an additional advantage.
Looking forward to see your application!