Research Scientist, In Vivo Disease Models, Neurological Genetic Disorders – Orion Oyj, Turku8.11.2020
Orion Corporation operates in more than 20 countries, where we Orionees, 3200 in total, work in all kinds of positions. Among us there are Research Scientists, Laboratory Technicians, Engineers and IT Specialists as well as people working in Production, just to mention some examples. We offer diverse and responsible jobs to our personnel in a truly multi-disciplinary work environment. We encourage people to develop their competences and offer opportunities to affect the job description and creating their own career path at Orion. We are searching for top talents who are ready to share our passion for the work that we do.
Description of position
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative scientist to a fixed term position (substitute during parental leave). You will contribute with strong in vivo research experience and disease biology knowledge in the field of rare genetic disorders or neurodegerative disorders. This position is located in Turku.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Actively contribute to project ideation, planning and execution of research activities.
- Develop methodologies and set up in vivo disease models for neurological genetic disorders as well as validate the models against each other and against pathology observed in patients.
- Contribute to phenotyping behavior, motor performance and disease progression in in vivo disease models.
- Plan and conduct experimental treatment studies in in vivo disease models.
- Analyse and interpret data and effectively document and communicate results.
- Interface with external academic, biotechnology, and contract research organizations.
Description of unit
The focus of the Neurological Genetic Disorders research unit is on progressive, serious and life-threatening diseases, where patients are lacking adequate treatment. This research unit is a part of the Neurological Disorders Research department. We aim to develop treatments which are disease modifying or which deliver significant symptomatic relief to patients.
- MSc degree in relevant field of life sciences such as pharmacology or biology.
- Hands on experience in nonclinical in vivo research.
- Hands on experience in in vivo sensorymotor and behavioural models.
- Proven track record in rare genetic disorders or neurodegenerative diseases research.
- Understanding of drug discovery and development.
- Fluency in English.
We offer you opportunities to use your own strengths and to utilize your competencies. As an expert, you will be a valued member of a multi-disciplinary team jointly innovating and developing new treatments for the patients. Appreciation of colleagues, strive for excellence and building the future are our core values. The culture of Orion R&D is professional and built on leading expertise, and we enjoy working together.
Would you like to know more about the position? Please contact Jarkko Venäläinen, Head of Neurological Genetic Disorders Research, +358509667978. He is best available during the following times (EET): Monday November 9th at 15-16 and Tuesday November 10 th at 15-16.
Please submit your cover letter and CV with your salary request at the latest on Wednesday November 18th 2020.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.