Research Senior Scientist16.10.2022
Organon is a Women’s Health Company that believes in a better and healthier every day for every woman! We are a passionate, global community of thousands dedicated to redefining the future of women’s health. Our mission is to deliver impactful medicines and solutions for a healthier every day. But what really makes it work at Organon is our people.
We’re looking for real, passionate team players, curious innovators, forward thinkers, empowered by the idea of shaping their career, and ready to bring their fire to embrace change and the opportunities it brings for progress.
At Organon, you’ll get to enjoy the best of both worlds: the open, agile, collaborative culture of a start-up, and operating at the scale of a fortune 500 company with an international footprint that serves people in more than 140 markets.
It’s going to be an exciting future—come be a part of it!
Organon is hiring a Research Senior Scientist to join our team in Turku, Finland.
Purpose of the role
- Independently coordinate basic research activities
- Assist drug discovery lead and senior scientists in drug discovery and development projects
- Assist in establishing priorities and timelines to meet project objectives
- Liaise with both internal cross-functional team members and outsourced partners
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination of compound logistics and in vitro screening routines
- Coordinating outsourced research activities
- Procuring catalog chemicals, commercial screening compounds and custom synthesis products
- Providing documentation for vendors, couriers, customs, and financial management
- Keeping chemistry database (SAR) up to date, and troubleshooting problems with these databases
- Attending lab meetings, project meetings, and meeting with external collaborators
- Assist project team with preparation of reports and presentations
- Under general guidance
- interpret and evaluate scientific data and screening results
- propose conclusions and follow-up experiments
- review literature and patents
- participate in synthetic route scouting, designing of molecules, SAR analysis
Background Requirements and Qualifications
- Job experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry or in an academic setting is preferred
- General knowledge of synthetic chemistry, common purification techniques, and structure elucidation of organic molecules
- General understanding of drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, and biological principles
- Excellent computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications
- MS in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field
- BSc in organic chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy, or related field with 1-5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively with other scientists (chemists, biologists, pharmacologists, etc.) on a complex research project
Who We Are:
Organon delivers ingenious health solutions that enable people to live their best lives. We are a $6.5 billion global healthcare company focused on making a world of difference for women, their families and the communities they care for. We have an important portfolio and are growing it by investing in the unmet needs of Women’s Health, expanding access to leading biosimilars and touching lives with a diverse and trusted portfolio of health solutions. Our Vision is clear: A better and healthier every day for every woman.