Scientist – Danisco Sweeteners Oy, Kirkkonummi, Finland9.9.2018
DuPont is a US based company with 65,000 employees worldwide bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services. We help finding solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.
We are looking for a
to join our Global Health & Nutrition Science team based in Kantvik, Southern Finland.
Our team runs a global and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies, targeting to document health benefits of probiotics and other bioactive food ingredients in our portfolio. We are offering you a position in a dynamic international research organization that is a world-wide leader in applied research in the area of probiotics and nutrition.
Our R&D team is looking for a research professional to a Scientist position for a temporary period to design and run in vitro experiments. Your primary duties will be:
Designing and executing in vitro studies against set milestones and objectives.
Reporting of the study progress to internal and external stakeholders.
Documentation of conducted laboratory experiments according to DuPont standards.
As a part of the project teams, participate in planning, analysis, presentation, and publication of the project results.
You are qualified for the position if you have:
- PhD (or equivalent degree) or MSc (or equivalent degree) ) in microbiology, nutrition, or other relevant degree
- Hands-on experience in conducting in vitro studies.
- Experience in a variety of laboratory techniques, e.g. microbiological methods, cell culturing, immunological and analytical methods.
- Experience in conducting basic statistical testing.
- Track record of scientific publications and experience in scientific communication is considered valuable as well as experience in one or more of the following areas: digestive health, immune health, weight management, metabolic syndrome, gut-brain axis, women’s health, oral health, or skin health.
- Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential; Other language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is an advantage).
- Excellent project management, organizational, and team player skills.
- Ability to deliver results under time and resource pressures.
- Safe laboratory work mindset
The position is temporary, starting as soon as possible and ending August 2019.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.