Scientist / Senior Scientist Probiotics – DuPont Kantvik, FI26.6.2018
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a USD 4.7 billion global business and one of the world’s largest producers of specialty food ingredients, developing and manufacturing solutions for the global food & beverage, nutrition and pharma market. With more than 8,500 employees, 50+ manufacturing sites and 20+ R&D centres across the world, N&H is on a mission to make food safer, more sustainable, better tasting and more nutritious.
N&H is part of DowDuPont, a globally listed company, which came to life following the merger of Dow Chemical and DuPont in 2017. DowDuPont has a turnover of approximately $62 billion, employs around 98,000 FTEs and is headquartered in Wilmington, USA.
We are looking for a
SCIENTIST / SENIOR SCIENTIST
to join our Global Health & Nutrition Science team based in Kantvik, Southern Finland.
Our team runs a global and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies, targeting to document health benefits of probiotics and other bioactive food ingredients in our portfolio. We can offer you a position in a dynamic international research organization that is a world-wide leader in applied research in the area of probiotics and nutrition.
Our R&D team is looking for a research professional to Scientist or Senior Scientist position to execute gastrointestinal tract simulations and to provide expertise in the areas of gut microbiology and digestive health. Your primary duties will be
- Planning and executing digestive health simulations and analytics in vitro, related to projects in human and animal nutrition.
- To provide scientific expertise in the field of digestive health by for example writing scientific documentation and presenting research.
- Provide scientific support to pre-clinical and clinical projects as necessary
- Documentation of the experiments according to company guidelines.
- As part of the project team, participate in analysis, presentation, and publication of the research.
You are qualified for the position if you have
- PhD (or equivalent degree) or MSc (or equivalent degree) in microbiology, nutrition, or other relevant degree.
- Experience in one or more of the following research areas digestive health, probiotics, gut microbiota, or animal/human nutrition.
- Hands-on experience in working with intestinal simulators and anaerobic bacteria is considered valuable, but not mandatory as we will provide training.
- Hands-on experience in in vitro work, especially on microbiological methods, for both culture-based and molecular techniques.
- Familiarity with computers or computer automation
- Track-record of scientific publications and experience in scientific communication is considered valuable, ideally in the context of food and health ingredients, is a considerable advantage.
- Effective communication skills including good personal presentation, oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English is essential and Finnish is an advantage.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and team player skills.
- “Can do” attitude and ability to deliver results under time and resource pressures.
- Excellent safety attitude
- Willingness to travel occasionally
The position is permanent.
The application closes on 31st of July 2018.
For enquiries, please contact Markus Lehtinen, Markus.Lehtinen@dupont.com
Research & Development
Nutrition and Health
Master’s Degree (±18 years)