Senior Research Scientist, Immuno-oncology – Orion Oyj, Turku26.9.2019
Orion Corporation is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical
company – a builder of well-being. Orion develops, manufactures and
markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical
ingredients. Read more about us.
Description of the unit
Oncology Research is accountable for the discovery of novel targets and drug projects related biology reseach in the therapy area of oncology at Orion. Immuno-oncology team is one of four reseach teams in Oncology Research, and our teams build the R&D Oncology portfolio and Oncology strategy in close collaboration with business and all R&D global functions. You will be based in Turku, Finland and report to the Vice President of Oncology Research. You will be based in Turku, Finland and report to the Vice President of Oncology Research.
- Identification of new drug targets and building the evidence for target validation
- Provide disease biology understanding and immunology support for the drug projects
- Development of new methodology and technologies
- Hands-on in in vivo and in vitro research in immuno-oncology
- Writing scientific reports and publications
- Contribute to the research strategy in Oncology TA
We are offering an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic team building up Oncology Research at Orion.
In Orion we have a highly interesting R&D pipeline and enthusiastic working environment with opportunities to use your own strengths to build your competence development and career. We offer exciting opportunities to create and have an impact to the future therapies for patients. As an expert of your own field you will be a member of multi-disciplinary team jointly innovating and developing new treatments for the patients. Appreciation of colleagues and continuous development are part of our core values. The culture of Orion R&D is informal and we enjoy working together.
Join us – together we build well-being and do work that we are proud of!
- PhD in immunology with at least 3 year Post doctoral experience
- Expertise in immune-oncology research
- Track record of high impact publications in the field of immunology/oncology
- Broad methodological background in immunology
- Good collaborative skills
- Industry experience is an advantage
Please send your application latest on October 13th 2019. For further information, please call Prof. Outi Vaarala, VP Oncology Research, 358-50-9663472, during the following hours: September 26th at 13:30-15:30, October 2nd at 12:30-14:30 and October 9th at 13:00-15:00 (EEST).
Orion Corporation operates in more than 25 countries, where we Orionees, 3400 in total, work in all kinds of positions. We encourage people to develop their competences, and offer opportunities to affect own job description and create own career path at Orion.
Approved medical examination which also includes drug testing is required prior to the employment. We will also carry out a security clearance prior to the employment for the selected person.