Senior Researcher, Drug transport and metabolism – University of Eastern Finland19.2.2022
The University of Eastern Finland is inviting applications for a Senior Researcher position on the Kuopio Campus. The position will be filled for a fixed term from 1 June 2022 (or as agreed) to 31.7.2026. Please find more information below and submit your application no later than 23.2 2022.
Role and salary
As our new Senior Researcher, you will be working in the School of Pharmacy, at the Faculty of Health Sciences as a member of the DrugTech research community. The position is located in Kuopio, Finland.
You will investigate and analyze drug transport and metabolism in relevant test models. It would be advantageous if you had skills in mass spectrometry, particularly in proteomics and quantitative analysis of drugs and metabolites. The latter techniques can also be learned during the employment term.
More information about the principal investigators and the group:
The position will be filled for a fixed term from 1 June 2022 (or as agreed) to 31.7.2026. The position will be filled for a fixed term due to it pertaining to a specific project. A probationary period is applied to all new members of the staff.
The salary of the position is determined in accordance with the salary system of the Finnish universities. The salary comprises two components: a job requirement component and a personal performance component. Senior Researcher position is based on level 6 – 7 of the job requirement level chart for teaching and research staff. The personal performance component can be a minimum of 6 % and a maximum of 50 % of the above-mentioned sum. The estimated salary in the beginning of the employment can be 4,058.82 – 5,042.25 euros/month at the beginning of the employment relationship.
Our requirements and expectations
- a relevant PhD degree with a solid training and expertise in drug transport and/or metabolism
- good teaching skills
- fluent skills in oral and written English. English is used as the language of instruction and supervision in this position.
- experience in mass spectrometry related to proteomics and quantitation of drugs and metabolites is advantageous
- adaptability to work both independently and as a team member
- supervisory experience
- project management skills
- verbal and written presentation skills
- international research experience and networks
- grant funding received
You will have access to the university’s staff benefits, including
- extensive occupational health care
- staff discount on lunch in our campus restaurants, as well as on a range of other services
- affordable sports services.
Please read more in the Work at UEF section on our website.
You will have an opportunity to work in an interesting role as part of our international, creative, participatory and inclusive academic community.
Enjoy your life in Finland! Known for its cleanliness, welfare know-how, modern technology and superb education system, Finland is an exotic and safe country to work in. Please visit the Life in Finland section on our website to learn more.
How to apply?
Submit your application by using our electronic application form no later than 23.2.2022 (by 24.00 hours Finnish time).
Please note that you must include the following appendices in your application:
- CV (https://tenk.fi/en/advice-and-materials/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
- a list of publications (https://www.aka.fi/en/research-funding/apply-for-funding/how-to-apply-for-funding/az-index-of-application-guidelines2/list-of-publications/)
- copies of your academic degree certificates / diplomas, and copies of certificates / diplomas relating to your language proficiency, if not indicated in the academic degree certificates/diplomas
- a motivation letter
- an appendix listing experience in academic teaching
- grant funding obtained
- other research merits not present in the CV
- other documents to demonstrate your merits for the position
For further information on the position, please contact Professor Arto Urtti, +358 29 445 3183, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Paavo Honkakoski, +358 29 445 4302, email: email@example.com
For further information on the application procedure, please contact HR Secretary, Sari Palviainen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 29 445 4324
University of Eastern Finland and the Faculty of Health Sciences
The University of Eastern Finland is one of the most multidisciplinary universities in Finland. We are home to 16,000 students and 3,000 staff members. Our research is ranked among the best in the world in several fields. We generate research-based knowledge and make it openly accessible for the benefit of all. UEF stands for action with impact that is relevant today and tomorrow. To learn more about our university please visit our website at www.uef.fi/en.
The Faculty of Health Sciences operates at the Kuopio Campus of the University of Eastern Finland. The Faculty offers education in medicine, dentistry, nutrition and pharmacy, as well as in some other central fields of the health care sector. The Faculty is research-intensive, and its internationally recognised research activities are closely linked to the strategic research areas of the University. There are approximately 3 090 degree students and about 580 PhD students in the Faculty. The faculty has 800 staff members. http://www.uef.fi/en/ttdk/etusivu