Technical Sales Specialist Molecular Food Safety – Thermo Fisher Scientific30.4.2022
About the job
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Molecular Food Protection
Position Location: Denmark, Finland, Sweden or Norway
We are looking for a Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) to grow our Food Protection business across the Nordics. As TSS, you will be responsible for maximizing sales of our workflows with a primary focus on Molecular whilst promoting Thermo Fisher Scientific as the technology leader in Food Protection.
You will focus your time on building strategic relationships, identifying new sales opportunities including customer conversions, nurturing them to completion which includes training and installation.
The sales territory for this role covers Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark, with occasional coverage in the Netherlands and United Kingdom. Regular travel to visit customers across your territory will be required (3 days per week on average), including overnight stays. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home.
Our Microbiology organisation is developing, and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position, in an international environment. Join us and develop your career with a global organization which prioritizes career development, allowing you to achieve your best – both personally and professionally.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute strategic account plans with third party local sales representative, employing multi-level selling to sell top-down and bottom-up, and drive penetration of the assigned Food Protection portfolio
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Promote full Food Protection portfolio workflows and services within assigned territory
- Maintain contact with existing customers to promote new solutions, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Conduct sales visits and organise scientific seminars, be responsible for providing all technical activities, such as after sales support, documentation support and organise customer demonstrations, whilst continuously monitoring sales performance & providing accurate forecasting.
- Support service to customers by developing a strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production to ensure that a teamwork environment is established, and optimal technical and customer service support is guarantee
- 100% compliance with CRM systems
- Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and related field with Biomedical Science Clinical Experience with Microbiology Products with relevant experience, ideally in the food industry
- Sales experience in B2B market
- High degree of technical competence & confidence
- Well organized individual with ability to establish business objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English language and one of the Nordic languages.
- 75% travel primarily Nordics based occasional travel across Europe as and when required
- Based in NO, FI, SE or DK
What’s in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus!
- Company car, Laptop, Phone, iPad
- Full benefits package which includes: Private Healthcare, Income Protection
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll join a team that values innovation performance and quality. You will work alongside colleagues who have a passion for doing things better every day and in our diverse work environment you will be inspired and empowered to exercise your imagination to realise your best potential. We have been recognised ”Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality” for the sixth consecutive year. We are committed to supporting the wellbeing of our colleagues in an ever-changing environment we are proud to be recognised as a remote work leader for the sixth year in a row. Our work from anywhere resources enable teams to communicate and collaborate. We believe in promotion of our talent; you will have the opportunity to define your career path with us
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here (https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility) for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.