Technical Support Biologist (Molecular Diagnostics) – Cepheid15.1.2022
Who We Are
Cepheid is a molecular diagnostic company dedicated to improving healthcare by developing, manufacturing and marketing accurate yet easy-to-use molecular systems and tests. By automating highly complex and time-consuming manual procedures, the company’s solutions deliver a better way for institutions of any size to perform sophisticated genetic testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases. Through its strong molecular biology capabilities, Cepheid is focusing on applications where accurate, rapid and actionable test results are needed most, such as managing infectious diseases and cancer.
Make a difference in healthcare and join us on this mission!
What You Will Be Doing
The Technical Support Biologist is responsible for providing advanced product support to customers requiring assistance with our GeneXpert product line. As a member of the Tier 2 Technical Support Team, you provide product support to internal and external customers via phone, email and web serving as the technical expert in Cepheid’s Customer Care experience.
For this position is mandatory to speak Finnish at a mother tongue level.
You will be responsible for
- Engage customers to collect and compile detailed information about customer complaints
- Conduct advanced data analysis and troubleshooting, understanding customer sample collection, processing and laboratory practices
- Investigate and resolve advanced customer complaints
- Document complaints and resulting investigations in the complaint management system
- Interface with Service and Global Product Support to escalate and resolve more complex cases
- Adhere to Quality Management System procedures
- Maintain product knowledge and support continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to quality compliance through accurate and concise case documentation
- Represent Technical Support on projects and operational teams, communicating findings back to Technical Support
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
What Skills & Experience You’ll Bring To Us
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (or equivalent) with minimum 2 years of relevant experience as a Virology/Microbiological Laboratory Technician
- In alternative experience as Clinical Laboratory Scientist for Virology/Microbiology in a hospital OR commercial clinical laboratory OR in a Technical Support position
- Fluent Finnish and English (written and oral) is required (additional languages would be an advantage – Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Russian)
- Customer oriented – understands customer expectations and can empathize with customer & patient needs
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Office)
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com (or similar CRM System) is a plus
- Laboratory or Technical Support Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
- PCR and Microbiology, Molecular Biology Oncology or Virology
- Patient sample collection practices and workflow
- Sample preparation practices and methodologies
- Laboratory analytical diagnostic equipment, medical devices and software
- Able to follow complex procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious & self-motivated with ability to learn a complex technology platform quickly
- Proactively analyzes complex problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with the ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Builds collaborative work relationships with different teams, including Field Service Sales, Marketing and Quality
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Cepheid is part of Danaher Corporation, a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Pay range unavailable
Salary information is not available at the moment.