Yhdeksän tutkijan toimea haettavina – Suomen Syöpäinstituutti11.9.2019
Suomen Syöpäinstituutin Säätiö • Stiftelsen för Finlands Cancerinstitut, Foundation for the Finnish Cancer Institute
The Finnish Cancer Institute invites applications for nine research positions to carry out high level epidemiological, clinical, or experimental cancer research. Our aim is to contribute to high quality cancer research in Finland by providing attractive research positions enabling full focusing on an exciting topic for a fixed duration.
Research Professor, EUR 6,500 a month;
3-or 5-year positions commencing on 1 January 2020 at the earliest; aiming to enable cancer researchers to fully focus on a significant independent research topic building on applicant’s recent accomplishments as described in the research plan
- K. ALBIN JOHANSSON RESEARCH PROFESSOR, a 5-year professorship (one post)
- FICAN RESEARCH PROFESSOR, a3-year professorship (two posts )
Cancer Research Fellow, EUR 5,000 month;
3-year positions commencing on 1 November 2019 at the earliest; Aiming to support early-stage independent cancer researchers as evidenced by accomplishments corresponding to a docent and demonstration of an independent line of investigation in the proposal;
- K. ALBIN JOHANSSON CANCER RESEARCH FELLOW (three posts)
Postdoctoral Cancer Researcher, EUR 3,500 month;
2-year positions commencing on 1 November 2019 at the earliest; aiming to support exciting and timely post-doctoral research in a high quality environment;
- K. ALBIN JOHANSSON CANCER RESEARCHER (one post)
- FICAN CANCER RESEARCHER (two posts)
Instructions for applications.
Eligible applicants include cancer researchers with recent interesting observations and an exciting plan mostly in Finland for the duration of the position. The applications in English are to contain the following three parts not exceeding 9 pages:
- Cover & short CV not exceeding two pages with the following parts: i) Applicant’s name, current job (and its duration if fixed-term), affiliation & contact information; ii) short (max 200 words) motivation to apply for the FCI position; iii) short CV information taking note not to exceed 2 pages for this part as a whole
- Research plan for the duration of the applied position not exceeding 5 pages including relevant permits and an estimated budget at the end with existing or anticipated other funding sources (for PI salary or for other parts)
- A list of not more than 20 publications including number of citations received and a comment on the journal for at least recent publications. The comment can be the rank of the journal in a specified field or e.g. impact factor. This part is not to exceed 2 pages.
Applications are submitted as a single PDF file by email to FCI Secretary-General Tuula Helander email@example.com. Deadline for submissions: September 12, 3 pm (EET). The e-mail subject line and the PDF attachment both are named with applicant’s surname and the post (surname_Professor/Fellow/Postdoc)
Evaluation and decisions:
Applications are evaluated according to scientific quality and potential impact based on both plans and recen ttrack record and according to career stage. Decisions are made by the FCI Board based on evaluation by the Scientific Advisory Board (postdocs and fellows) or following shortlisting of research professor applicants by the Scientific Advisory Board and international expert evaluation and ranking. Decisions are expected in October (postdocs and fellows) and December (research professors) at which time all applicants are informed. The FCI positions can be renewed at most once
Further information & submission of applications by September 12, 3 pm EET:
FCI Secretary-General Tuula Helander, email: firstname.lastname@example.org